The following breeders are members in good standing with the Great Dane Club of Canada. We have listed them by province for your convenience. Although the GDCC has no jurisdiction over whatever contract may exist between a breeder and puppy purchaser, we can verify that the individuals listed in the Breeders Directory meet the following criteria:
1. Are members in good standing with both the GDCC and the CKC.
2. Participate in GDCC meetings at least once per year, either on a National (ie: voting at the AGM by email ballot) or a Divisional level.
3. Perform a minimum of hip, heart, eye and thyroid clearances on each Dane bred.
4. Will always assume responsibility (either physical or financial) for Danes of their breeding that are either unable to continue in their current home, or have been surrendered to a Rescue group.
5. Have no upheld complaints with either the GDCC or the CKC.
6. Have produced a minimum of 3 homebred champions (CKC or AKC). This may be waived or adjusted on an individual basis, if deemed appropriate by the respective Division.
Ask questions, request references, visit if possible. Ideally the relationship you forge with your breeder should last a lifetime!
ANHARA GREAT DANES, Fawn & Brindle (Black occasionally)
KAIENISLAND KENNELS, Black & Fawn
CILKA REG’D, Fawn, Harlequin
STRIDER PERM REG’D, Fawn, Brindle & Black
Glen & Kelly Tait
BOSWORTH DANES REG’D, Blue & Black
DANTRYDANES REG’D, Blue & Black
KARADOR REG’D, Black, Blue
Dr Alison Jones
NASDANE REG’D, Harlequin, Boston & Merle
WHISPER HILL PERM REG’D, Fawn & Brindle
Betty & Donna Conod
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND